It is extremely significant to keep your TP-link updated. It is recommended to keep the TP-Link firmware updated, whenever a new one is released. These updates help the Wi-Fi extender as well as the smart home devices function to the best of their abilities and be up-to-date with all the recent upgrades and necessary fixes. A computer can be used for the TP-link firmware update.
While updating your TP-link firmware update, check the hardware version of your device, as some models have numerous hardware versions. When you upgrade your firmware, use the firmware best suitable for your hardware version, as the installation of the wrong firmware can damage your device.
Read more: Tp-Link Range Extender
Before you give your TP-link firmware an update, you need to keep the following things in mind:
- You need to ensure the hardware version correlates with the latest TP-link firmware.
- The connection between the PC and the extender should be stable. Prefer a wired connection over the wireless one for the process.
- Ensure that the device settings are backed up.
- Make sure you don’t turn off your router throughout the firmware update procedure.
The steps to update the firmware TP-link router are as follows:
- Initially, you need to ensure you have installed the latest version of the TP-link router firmware on your device.
- By using unzip tools like WinZip or WinRAR for deriving the firmware file to a folder.
- Login to the TP-link router’s online administration page.
- You can back up your existing device settings before you install the TP-link update. As the TP-link firmware update, wipes out all the router’s settings,
- To save the existing settings, go to System Tools then go to Backup & Restore and choose a place to save the settings in.
- Afterward, in System Tools, click on the Router Firmware Update option and then press the Browse button which will search for the firmware file.
- Then tap the Upgrade button, which will automatically reboot when the upgrade is successful.
- After that wait for a few minutes then you can verify if the TP link router firmware update has ended properly.
- You can now restore the TP-link router to factory default, which will confirm that the device is functioning efficiently.
- Eventually, visit the System Tools once more, then select the Backup & Restore option, and then select TP-link router factory restore which will be in the drop-down menu.
- When the TP-link router factory defaults are complete, you can edit the router settings from scratch, or by using the backup file.
The TP-link firmware update is successful.
The Final Words
These are the steps for how to update firmware TP link routers. Make sure you often check for updates, as each update brings a new feature or at least eliminates the bugs and malfunctions from the previous firmware. If you are having difficulty with updating your TP-link firmware, you get assistance from our team, reach out to us right now!