TP-Link is a brand that’s well-recognized by netizens across the globe. Devices such as the TP-Link Extender, offer the most reliable network even when multiple devices are connected. Having a tp-link wifi extender setup at your home can help you meet your networking goals easily. With a user-friendly web interface designed to give you the entire control, these devices are a breeze to manage. And the default web address tplinkrepeater.net helps you with the task.
If you have purchased a new tp-link extender setup, and are looking to configure the network settings on it, this blog can help you greatly. You will find steps to log in to the setup wizard and proceed with the network and device configuration part in a hassle-free manner.
Preparing for the TP-Link Extender Setup
Starting with the process, you need to open the tp-link wireless extender login panel using tplinkrepeater.net. Well, this is where you’ll need our help. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Place your tp-link wifi extender setup near your wireless router. Also, connect the extender to an electrical outlet and power it up.
- Connect your computer to the TP-Link network. You will need to go to wireless settings on your computer. Find the tplink network (SSID) and click on the Connect button next to it. Alternatively, you can also use an ethernet cable to connect your extender to the computer.
Accessing the TP-Link WiFi Extender Login page
- Launch an internet browser on your connected computer. You can use any updated version of the web browser. Type tplinkextender.net in the address bar. You can also use the IP address 192.168.0.254 in the web browser.
- Fill in the default login credentials on the tp link extender login page. Type admin in both the username and password fields. If you don’t remember the credentials of your device then you’ll need to reset the extender.
- Once you’re on the tplink range extender setup wizard, it will start scanning for the available networks. When the list is displayed, select your main router network and connect to it by using its wifi password. If you are using a dual-band router, connect to the 5GHz band separately. Once connected, you can configure the wireless settings of the tp-link repeater.
TP-Link Network Configuration
- From the wireless tab, type a new SSID to your tp-link extender’s network. Then, provide a passkey to your wireless network.
- Select the correct network encryption type as WPA2PSK.
- If you are using a dual-band extender, you’ll need to configure the network settings for the 5GHz network band as well.
- Once you have configured the network settings, click on the ‘Save’ button.
- You can also change the device settings as well. Edit the default extender admin username and password details and click on the Save button.
The Tp-link wifi extender setup process is now complete and you can relocate it to the place you prefer. Always ensure that this location is in good signal coverage of the main router network.
Troubleshooting tplink setup issues
If you are facing issues with the setup process, you can always follow some basic troubleshooting steps. These can help you resolve issues easily. Here are some tips you can follow:
- Try connecting your computer directly to the extender with the help of an ethernet cable. This will help you avoid signal loss and bandwidth issues.
- Try using the default IP address instead of the web address to configure the tplink repeater.
- Check if you’ve entered the web address in the URL bar and not in the search box.
- Always double-check the username and password you use. If you’ve typed them incorrectly, there’s a high chance you’ll receive an error.
- Flush out the DNS cache or cookies of the web browser. Use the Comand prompt application to do that.
- Try resetting the device to its factory default settings. This can help wipe the bugs and other issues off your extender device permanently.