Extending the home network using a WiFi extender can help you ensure seamless connectivity throughout your home. You can pair your extender to the existing network at your home and begin the setup process easily. But if you face issues with the tp-link extender setup, following the right steps to troubleshoot them becomes important.
This article explains how to fix the issue if you fail to configure TP-Link Extender. There can be various reasons for the tp-link extender.net issues. However, you can fix these issues by following some easy tips. Check this troubleshooting guide, if you’re experiencing issues in getting the tplink extender configured.
Troubleshoot tplink extender login & setup issues
Networking devices like the TP-Link Extender require regular updates and attention. Otherwise, they may develop issues related to performance, signal quality, and more. If you are also facing issues with the extender login and setup, these troubleshooting steps will help you.
Check if the RE light on the extender is ON
The RE light on your extender reveals the status of your extender. The network connection and power status can be known from the same. But if the same shows no status, here are some things to try:
- In case, the RE light doesn’t work then look for the wireless password of your home router.
- Place the extender 2-3 meters away from your main router and try to configure the extender from scratch.
- Now, check the status of the RE light, if it is on but no internet access then jump to the next step.
- In case, it is still off then restart the tplink range extender and wait for the LED to turn on.
- Also, you should try to upgrade the TP-Link extender to its latest version and then re-configure it.
- You need to ensure that your router doesn’t enable security settings like MAC filtering.
- Next, access the TP-Link extender login page using the tp linkextender.net default address and get into the extender’s configuration page.
See if the end devices can connect to TP-Link extender
Once you are done checking the status of the light on your extender, you can also check if the end-point devices are able to connect. Follow these steps:
- In case, check the wireless signal strength of your wireless devices such as a computer, laptop.
- If one of your devices is unable to connect to the extended network then remove the network from this device and try again. If still the issue exists then connect your device directly to your router.
- You can also use the wired cable to connect your end device to your main router.
- Next, try to update your tplink device to its latest firmware version by accessing the tplink extender login page. If still, you’re unable to configure the TP-Link extender then jump to the next step.
Fix Internet Connectivity Issues
Issues with internet connectivity can be hard to resolve. You can always check for certain parameters when looking o troubleshoot the same:
- Make sure that you have not set up the same SSID for both the range extender and the router.
- Next, update the firmware of your TP-Link device to the latest version.
- Check the internet access on your multiple wireless devices such as mobile devices, computer systems, laptops, or more.
- In case, only one device doesn’t have wifi access then check if this device is obtaining the IP address automatically.
- Try to connect this device directly to your main router and then check the internet connectivity.
- Also, make sure your home router doesn’t enable any security settings.
- Next, log in to the extender by visiting the tplinkextender.net login page.
We hope this article helped you resolve your query that is ‘How to Fix the Issue if I Fail to Configure TP-Link Extender?’ If you have more queries like this or face any issues then you can contact our expert team directly from the website chat window.