Setting up a TP-Link extender is an easy process, but it does involve a little consideration in terms of placement. You first need to recognize the point where your extender device can be installed so you get strong network in every corner of your house. Now, the often considered tough part- the setup process.
You might think this is tough, but is actually a very easy process. How? In this blog, we will discuss steps to set up TP-Link extender using the manual setup process i.e. without using the WPS method.
Configure TP-Link Extender
The very first step in Setting up TP-Link Extender device is knowing a point where you get at least 70% of the original network strength. It is advised that you place your extender device halfway between the point where you are going to use the internet and the router. This way it will be ensured that the extender device gets sufficient network to amplify your original router signal coverage.
Setting up TP-Link Range Extender without WPS
Once you have figured out where to place the extender device, you are only a few steps away from getting the setup done. Following the right steps is the key. This is why we have mentioned the complete steps for you to follow and get done with the process.
Follow the steps:
- Connect you router and extender device using an Ethernet cable. Take another Ethernet cable and plug one end of it to the WLAN port on extender and the other to the LAN port on your computer system.
- Plug in one end of the power cable to the extender device and the other to the power outlet.
- Once the extender device is powered ON, open any web browser on your computer system and enter tplinkextender.net in the address bar.
- The TP-Link Extender Management wizard will open. As soon as it does, select the Quick Setup option from the menu, choose your region and tap Next.
- Your TP-Link extender device will now look for existing networks. Once it is done scanning and the name of your router network appears, enter the login credentials to connect to the network.
- Click on Copy from Main Router, and click on Next.
- Your TP-Link extender device will now begin extending your router network.
TP-Link is among the best American brands which manufactures router and extender devices. If you are looking for the steps to set up your TP-Link router, you can head on to our website and follow the resources that have been custom developed.
In case you face any trouble setting up your TP-Link extender device without WPS, you can always reach out to our technical support team at anytime of the day.