This article explains how to fix the issue if you fail to configure TP-Link Extender. There can be various reasons for the tp-link extender.net issues. However, you can fix these issues by following some easy tips. Check this troubleshooting guide, if you’re experiencing issues in getting the tplink extender configured.
Here are easy tips to troubleshoot the tplink extender login & setup issues:
Step1: Check if the RE light on the extender is on after configuration
- In case, the RE light doesn’t work then look for the wireless password of your home router.
- Place the extender 2-3 meters away from your main router and try to configure the extender from scratch.
- Now, check the status of the RE light, if it is on but no internet access then jump to the next step.
- In case, it is still off then restart the tplink range extender and wait for the LED to turn on.
- Also, you should try to upgrade the TP-Link extender to its latest version and then re-configure it.
- You need to ensure that your router doesn’t enable security settings like MAC filtering.
- Next, access the TP-Link extender login page using the tp linkextender.net default address and get into the extender’s configuration page.
Step 2: Check if your end-devices can connect to the extender’s network
- In case, check the wireless signal strength of your wireless devices such as a computer, laptop.
- If one of your devices is unable to connect to the extended network then remove the network from this device and try again. If still the issue exists then connect your device directly to your router.
- You can also use the wired cable to connect your end device to your main router.
- Next, try to update your tplink device to its latest firmware version by accessing the tplinkextender login page. If still, you’re unable to configure TP-Link extender then jump to the next step.
Step 3: Internet Connectivity
- Make sure that you have not set up the same SSID for both the range extender and the router.
- Next, update the firmware of your TP-Link device to the latest version.
- Check the internet access on your multiple wireless devices such as mobile device, computer system, laptop, or more.
- In case, only one device doesn’t have wifi access then check if this device is obtaining the IP address automatically.
- Try to connect this device directly to your main router and then check the internet connectivity.
- Also, make sure your home router doesn’t enable any security settings.
- Next, log in to the extender by visiting the tplink extender.net login page.
We hope this article helped you resolve your query that is ‘How to Fix the Issue if I Fail to Configure TP-Link Extender?’ If you have more queries like this or face any issues then you can contact our expert team directly through our toll-free number. Also, you can do a live chat with our technicians via an online chat window.