TP-Link Repeaters are a great option to extend the Wi-Fi coverage of your home and office to deliver an ultimate network range. For the TP-Link repeater login & setup, you just need to type tplinkrepeater.net in the web address bar that navigates you to the administration page.
If you got stuck while working with the www.tplinkrepeater.net, then don’t worry! You are not alone to face this issue, several people encounter this issue at a point of time. First of all, all you can do is to figure out the issues and take the necessary steps to troubleshoot the error. Hereby, in this blog let us discuss a few troubleshooting tips and tricks if you are facing TP-Link Wi-Fi repeater issues.
Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks For TP-Link WiFi Repeater Issues
- First of all, be sure that the WPS function of your TP-Link repeater is working as intended. If your wireless router isn’t compatible with the WPS function, you’ll need to opt for an alternative connection method. Once you have ensured that both your devices support WPS, you can proceed with the connection process again.
- If you are unable to access the TP-Link repeater login and setup page using the web address, try using the IP address. You can use http://192.168.0.254 instead of http://tplinkrepeater.net. Also, ensure that you type the URL in the address bar only.
- Unplug all the devices and turn them off for sometime. Turn ON the devices after about 30 seconds and try the TP-Link Repeater Login and setup process again.
- Ensure that the client devices are directly connected to the repeater. You can use a wired connection to connect your devices. Using a wired connection will ensure you don’t lose the device network.
Clear out the local DNS cache for your TP-Link repeater. You can follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Disconnect the client devices from the repeater. This will help reset the network connection. Wait for about 30 seconds before connecting them back.
- If you are on Windows, go to the Start Menu, then All Programs and select the Accessories option to finally launch Command Prompt. Once the same opens, use the ipconfig/flushdns command to reset the network connection.
- Check the internet connection status from the end of your internet service provider. If there’s an error at their end, they can help you get it resolved at the earliest.
Advanced troubleshooting guide for Tp Link WiFi repeater issues
In case you were unable to resolve the Tp Link repeater issues by following the aforementioned steps, you can try these advanced troubleshooting steps. We are sure that these advanced tips will fix the issue right away.
- As the first steps, power cycle your repeater device. Unplug the wireless repeater from the power outlet and then plug it back into the socket after a few minutes. A majority of issues get resolved through this step only.
- Check for the latest firmware updates available for your device. Login to the Tp Link wireless repeater using a mobile device. Open a web browser on your mobile type http://tplinkrepeater.net. You can then login to the device and go to the Administration page. Update the firmware of your Tp Link repeater by following the on-screen instructions.
- If the firmware update doesn’t help, you’ll need to reset the device. Keep your TP-Link plugged into the power outlet during the process. Locate the reset button on the repeater’s body. Push the reset button using a paper clip and hold it for approximately 10 seconds. The main LED on your Tp Link repeater will start illuminating. Wait for a few seconds. The Tp-Link repeater will reboot to restore the original settings.
Now that you have upgraded the firmware of your device and restored the factory default settings, make sure you set up the device once again. Login to the repeater using the default URL tplinkrepeater.net. Configure the Tp Link repeater with your router’s network and you’re done! Finally, all the Tp Link WiFi repeater issues will be wiped off from the device. You can test the internet connectivity and the wireless coverage by connecting to the repeater’s network.
Get help with TP-Link Repeater Login
TP-Link repeater issues can be a headache. Fortunately, these troubleshooting steps can help you get rid of the same. If you are still unable to resolve them, you can reach out to our team. We are available round the clock to help you get done with the network setup, login, troubleshooting and all related tasks.