If you are irritated by the interrupted internet connection and are not able to resolve the issues on your own don’t worry, we are here for your immediate assistance. You can make certain changes within the extender settings or you can alter settings in the router as well. If you fail to configure your extender, here are some quick and easy steps to fix your TP-LINK AC750 WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER. This blog will guide you for the same.
- See the installation guide to cross-check whether the extender is connected to the main network.
- If there is no RE light even after the configuration, check the wifi password for the main router.
- Place the range extender within proximity of 2-3 meters of the router. You can also perform the factory reset of the router and then configure it again from zero.
- Try upgrading the range extender to its latest firmware.
- Check if the main router doesn’t enable any security settings.
- Enter the web address tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar and login to the settings of range extender and save the details of the status page and system log for future reference.
- If the end device cannot connect to the wifi of the range extender, even after the RE light is on, check the wireless strength of the computer/laptop.
- In case only one device cannot connect to the, disconnect the wireless network and try it again. Then connect it with the router.
- If multiple devices are not able to connect to the extender, contact our support team for help.
- If there is no network access between the end devices and the range extender, even after the RE light is on, try not setting the same SSID for the router and the extender.
- Connect the computer with the main router using an ethernet cable.
- Log in to the management page of the extender.
- Then go to settings and then click on the network.
- After making necessary alterations, click on the Save button.
- Parental control could be one of the possible reasons that the IP address is failed to obtain successfully.
- In-Band Steering, the shifts between the band may cause problems with the range extender.
- The WIFI optimization may cause some interrupted connection due to the re-establishment of the signal.
- Verify that the web address tplinkrepeater.net is entered in the address bar of the browser.
- Double-check if the smartphone or the computer devices are connected with the extender’s wifi.
- Try making a connection via an ethernet cable if your computer has an ethernet port.
- Try rebooting the extender and cross-check the IP address with the list of IP addresses given on google.
If the troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the issues related to the extender, then the only alternative left is to reset the range extender. It will erase all the customised settings and many other features but you can reconfigure the range extender once the reset is done.
- Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds using a paper pin until the power LED blinks.
- Now, you can log in to the web management page of the extender. Go to the settings, click on the system tools, then backup and restore and further click on the default factory reset button.
- For the initial startup, make sure that the smartphone is connected with the internet connection so that you can log in with the TP-link ID.
- If you want to connect the range extender in a wired manner with your router, please use access point mode.
- Connect to the routers’ wifi and change the SSID.
- But in case you have already configured with the Tethered app, but the lights are still off, confirm if the router’s password is correct or not.
- Check if the extender is exactly next to the router.
- Confirm if other devices are able to see the 2.4G host wifi.
- On the top right click on rescan.
- Click on the skip on the top right to set up the 5G at first.
- Change the router’s 2.4G channel, once the 5G is set up.
- Then go on the tools and click on the Quick setup to configure again option.
- Make sure that the router’s wifi has internet access.
- Check the internet on the other devices as well.
- Try restarting the range extender and router a well.
- Make sure that there are no advanced settings on the router.
- Upgrade the extender to its latest firmware.
If all the lights are up but the device fails to connect to the extender’s wifi
- Make sure that the extender’s SSID is different from the router’s.
- Check the error message when fails to connect. In case it’s elated to the password, try the option forget the password.
- Try different devices, if the other devices connect without any discrepancy call for help.
If the range extender does not extend the wifi coverage, then try adjusting the position of the range extender. Try changing the wireless settings of the extender.
The TP-LINK AC750 WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER can be fixed by following some simple steps and easy methods. You can face many similar issues as covered in this blog. But if the matters get out of your hand, get in touch with our team in the end now by calling on the toll-free number and you can also refer to the user manual guide or installation set up.