- Place your TP-Link extender near the existing router.
- Plug the power adapter in a power outlet and provide power to your Tplink extender.
- Press the WPS button on your existing router and wait for the LED light to blink.
- Next, locate and press the WPS button on the Tplink range extender immediately. It is recommended to press the TP-Link extender’s WPS button within two minutes after you press the WPS button on your router.
- It will take a few minutes to establish a connection between the devices. The TP-Link repeater’s wireless signal LED light up after the successful establishment of the connection between the two.
About the Tp-link Extenders
Install the TP-Link range extender to increase or boost the Wi-Fi range of your home network. TP-link has become a leader when it comes to networking technology. The multiple devices and services are offered by the TP-link brand. Apart from the fast Wi-Fi routers, TP-link is also responsible for making Wi-Fi repeaters that can fill wireless signals in the dead zones of your house. The wireless range extenders from the TP-Link provide a rather easy yet impressive internet streaming experience.
How does the TP-Link Range Extender works?
The Tp-Link extender takes the wireless signal from the router and retransmits it to the dead zone areas. The main advantage of using a TP-Link extender is the wireless setup. You have to keep in mind that the extender position matters a lot. Choose the right location for your Tplink extender. Place the TP-Link device at a central place and closer to your current router. Place the device away from any electronic devices such as a cordless phone, microwave, etc. After you place the extender, you have to set it up by using the tplinkextender.net or tplinkrepeater.net.
Steps for the TP-Link Extender Login
You don’t need internet to access the web-based interface of the TP-Link wireless range extender. You just need to connect to the network through either a wireless or wired method. It is highly recommended to use a wired or Ethernet cable to make connections between the Tp-Link device and your wireless device. Follow the easy steps to log into the TP-Link range extender:
- Take an Ethernet cable to set up a wired connection between your TP-Link device and a computer. Connect its one end to the computer and another end to the LAN port of the Tplink extender.
- Go to the “Network” under the control panel and assign your computer a static IP address.
- Now, launch an Internet browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer on your computer that is connected to the network. In the URL field of the browser, type the TP-Link default IP address. You can use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.0.254. If you can’t access the login window using the IP address, try using the tplinkrepeater.net the default web address.
- Hit Enter key and it will redirect you to the tp-link extender login page.
- When a login window displays, enter the default username and password in the respective fields. Once done, click the login button to access the web-based management page of the TP-Link Wi-Fi repeater.
Steps for the TP-Link Extender Setup
There are different ways to set up the TP-Link range extender. You can use either a WPS button or a web browser to install the TP-Link wifi repeater. Here are easy step-by-step instructions to perform the Tplink extender setup.
- Step 1: Log into the TP-Link extender using tplinkextender.net in the browser’s address bar on your computer system. Go to Network. Make sure the IP address of your computer and the router must be in the same range. Click on the save button.
- Step 2: On the TP-link web-based management page, click on the Quick setup. Click the wireless tab from the menu. Now, select the range extender from the drop down list in the Operation mode field. Click on the search button to search for your extender’s network.
- Step 3: Find and select the network name (SSID) of your TP-Link device from the list of available networks. Click connect and then click the save button.
- Step 4: Next, select the ‘wireless security’ under the ‘Wireless’ section. Select the advanced security standard. The latest security encryption standard is WPA2-PSK/WPA-PSK and encryption AES. Now, enter the ‘testtplink’ in the PSK password field and then save the changes. It is necessary for both router and extender must have the same security settings.
If you get trouble in setting up the TP-Link Range Extender, contact our experts
live chat window or a toll-free no.
Tplink Extender Setup via WPS button
You can use the WPS method to set up the TP-Link repeater if your current router supports the WPS. Setting up the TP-Link wireless range extender using the WPS button is quite easy. You can complete the WPS setup in a few minutes. Follow the steps given below:
Troubleshooting TP-Link Wifi Repeater Issues
If you are unable to access the tplink extender setup page using the tplinkrepeater.net or tplinkextender.net, then follow the below troubleshooting tips:
- Try connecting your computer directly to your range extender.
- Try using the default IP address of your TP-Link range extender. If you do not know about the TP-Link IP address then check the DHCP list of the existing router.
- Flush the local DNS cache to resolve the tplink login error.
- Power cycle the router and TP-Link extender. Switch off both the devices and then turn them on again. Now, go to the ‘Start’ menu then all programs then accessories. Open the command prompt. You can directly open it by typing cmd in the run field of your computer. Type ipconfig/flushdns in the command prompt window.
- Check if you have entered the domain name that is tplinkextender.net or tplinkrepeater.net in the search bar of the browser window instead of the URL bar.
- Enter the correct TP-Link domain name in the address bar of the browser.
- Make sure to enter the correct username and password on the TP-Link admin page.
- Try resetting the TP-Link extender to the default settings by pressing the reset button on the device.
If you have tried all the above solutions and still getting the same issue then contact our expert team. Our experts are available to help you 24/7. Our experts have experience of several years in the same field. You may get some other issues while setting up the TP-Link range extender. We will solve all your issues and provide a proper solution. Just contact us on our toll-free no. or do a live chat via a live chat window.