- Connect your TP-Link extender device to the existing router at your workplace using an Ethernet cable. Than connect one end of the cable to the LAN port on the router and the other end to the LAN port on the extender/ repeater device.
- Take another Ethernet cable and plug one end to the WLAN port on the TP-Link extender and the other to the LAN port on your computer system.
- Attach the power cable of the extender device to the power outlet so it is connected to electricity. Wait for the devices to switch on.
- Once all the devices including your extender are powered ON, open a web browser on your computer and enter the default web address “tplinkextender.net” in the address bar. You can also use tplinkrepeater.net setup login window web address.
Manage network settings using the TP-Link repeater login page
Setting up your extender is one thing and managing it is another. If you have a tp-link repeater installed at home and are looking for help with the login process, this page is what will help you get there. Starting from accessing the TP-Link network to finally configuring the credentials online, logging in to the extender is an easy process. This website will discuss ways to access the tp-link repeater login page in easy steps and resolving related issues effortlessly.
Manual Login & Setup Using www.tplinkrepeater.net
- You will be redirected towards the online TP-Link repeater login wizard. Sign in using the default credentials. Once done, select the Quick Setup option from the screen, choose the region in which you are presently located and tap “Next”.
- Your TP-Link extender device will now search the premises for existing networks. Once the scanning is complete and the name of your router network appears on the screen, enter the login credentials to connect to the network.
- Click on the Copy button so as to copy the settings from the Main Router, and click on “Next”.
- Once the tplink repeater setup is complete, your TP-Link extender device will begin extending your router’s network ahead.
TP-Link Repeater Login Using www.tplinkrepeater.net
- The tp link repeater login process starts as soon as you have set up your physical hardware connections and are ready to access the internet on your devices.
- So, open the address http tplinkrepeater net or tplinkextender.net on your browser. Press Enter and you will be redirected to the address to proceed with the login.
- Enter the login username and password like credentials to access the setup page. If the details that you enter are correct, you will see the online router management wizard open on the computer screen.
- You are now logged in and can make the changes as you like.
Setup TP-Link Repeater Using WPS
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup method. With WPS you don’t have to undergo the lengthy tp-link repeater login and setup process. You can just press a button on your device and go ahead with using the internet at high-speed.
- Power on your TP-Link extender device. Press the WPS key on the rear end. Keep holding the button for about 3-5 seconds until you see the WPS LED flashing on your extender.
- Now, immediately on your router, press the WPS key for 3-5 seconds. When you do this, it will trigger the exchange of security authentication information which connects the two devices.
- Once the range extender is connected to the router device, you will see the LED on both the router and the range extender go stable or solid.
- As soon as the two devices are connected, they will start exchanging information and the range extender can begin to transfer and extend the network from the router forward.
Setup TP-Link Repeater with Tether App
- Make the physical hardware connections as you did earlier while following the steps mentioned above.
- Use your mobile phone to connect to the Wi-Fi signal of your TP-Link range extender setup. The default network name will be mentioned on the product label which is usually located on the bottom panel of your device.
- Now, open the Tether App and click on the name of your TP-LINK extender from the list of available networks. You may also need to create a new username and password or just enter the details or credentials you were using to log in to the network. The extender will scan for the Wi-Fi signals automatically.
- Select the name of your main router and enter the login credentials to access the TP-Link repeater login page and the online management page.
- Configure the extended network by clicking on the Network Name on the TP-Link Extender login page. The password of this extended network will be the same as the host network. Now, click Next.
- Tip: It is suggested that you configure the range extender with specific keywords so it is easier for you to identify later, that which one is the router and which one is the extender.
- Check the configuration settings like Host Network and Extended Network settings. Once done you can click on Finish and the range extender will start applying the settings.
- Now, you can relocate your extender device to some other location in your office or home and reconnect to the network. The range extender will reboot after taking new settings into effect.
- Differentiating the name of your tplink repeater/ extender from that of your main router makes it easier for you and your devices to shift between networks.
Troubleshoot TP-Link Repeater Login Issues with ease
1. What if I cannot log in to tplink repeater page 192.168.0.254?
If you are not able to access the tp-link repeater login page, you can first restart your entire device setup. That doesn’t help, go with making the wired connections again. If that doesn’t tend to work as well, check if the URL you are using is correct or not. If you continue to face issues, you will need to contact your ISP for further support.
2. What to do if I am Not Able to Access www.tplinkrepeater.net or tp-link repeater admin page tplinkrepeater.net is not accessible?
If you are unable to access the repeater admin page, there is a problem with your internet connection. You should check all the cable connections for they are working or not. If everything is fine, try restarting your entire device setup. That is generally the first step to effective troubleshooting. If restarting your device setup doesn’t work, there is an issue with your ISP end. Try contacting them and resolving the issues.
3. How to tackle tplinkrepeater speed issues?
IClear all the cache files and cookies from your browser and do a disk cleanup. Make sure you are not using a large number of devices on your TP-Link repeater. If it is the case, you will need to reduce the same. When done, proceed with doing a speed check. If the speed from the source is slow, there’s no point solving it from your end. Therefore, it is wise to contact your ISP.
4. How to avoid tp link extender range issues?
Tp-link extender range issues only arise when the extender is not placed at an optimum distance from the router. This causes loss of coverage and therefore, the extender cannot convey the signals further. Make sure you place the extender halfway between your final location and the router.
5. How to change the wireless network name using tplinkrepeater.net?
Log in to the online management wizard. On the second tab named Wireless, under the requested network type, clicks on the text field next to SSID. Type the new SSID you want and click on the Save button in the bottom. For more detailed steps, you can reach out to our experts.