Manage extender settings using tplinkrepeater.net
How many times have you been able to access the login page in the first go? “Mostly, 8 out of 10 times” will be the answer from many. While you may enjoy seamless internet sessions during these 8 times, you will be left stranded the remaining two times. Now, you do have a choice to make. You can either spend countless hours looking for information online or get an on-spot resolution to your tplinkrepeater.net related woes.
Having uninterrupted access to the internet at all corners of your place is a boon. To ensure you keep on receiving the same signal strength at all times, the router and extender should be kept in their best state. And, this includes learning about how to deal with adversaries that might arise during the course of time. If you have a tp-link extender at home, you are expected to manage it effectively. And, managing your repeater device only becomes possible once you have access to the tp-link extender login wizard. The default web address www.tplinkrepeater.net can help you access it. However, it is not always that you type this web address in the address bar of your web browser and get the intended results.
Issues associated with login page access may arise, causing you to shuffle between Google pages to find helpful troubleshooting information. While you are busy doing so, this page will walk you through some effective troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue.
Prerequisites for the tp-link extender login process
Before you begin with the extender login process, you’ll need to make sure you have details related to the default settings available with you. These details can be found on the product label pasted on the rear panel of your device. You can check the same for reference. For now, you can refer to the details as mentioned below:
Default web address: https://www.tplinkrepeater.net
IP address: 192.168.0.254 or 192.168.0.1
Now, whenever you wish to use these URLs, make sure you type them in the address bar and not in the search bar. Use the correct tp-link login page web address to access the settings wizard. These details can also be found on the device user manual.
For now, you can also use these details:
Password: admin/ password/ 1234/ leave the field blank
Once you have these details, you’ll also need to connect your computer or wireless device to the tp-link extender’s network.
Here are some steps you can follow:
- Connect your range extender to the power outlet which is near to the main router at your place(preferably in the same room).
- Power on the repeater and allow it to boot up. Notice the power LED and other LEDs to show their respective status. Once the power LED turns solid green, the device is ready for setup.
- Go to your computer’s/wireless device’s ‘Networking and Sharing Center’/ ‘WiFi Networks’ section and look for the repeater network SSID on the available networks section.
- The SSID may appear like ‘XXXX_EXT.’ Here, ‘XXXX’ may be the model number of your extender. Select the same and then click on the ‘Connect’ button.
Note: Remember when you are accessing the extender network for the very first time, you won’t require a password. However, the second time, after the network settings have been configured, you’ll need to enter a password to establish a network connection.
- You will now receive a notification on your computer or wireless device, telling you about the successful internet connection.
- Connect your tp-link repeater to your computer system using an ethernet cable. Insert one end of the cable into the LAN port on your extender and the other end to the ethernet port on your computer.
- The computer system will detect the connection and notify you of the same once it is done successfully.
The wired connection method is recommended while you are trying to configure the network settings for the first time. Using this method will help avoid issues related to lost connectivity and signal range as well.
The tplinkrepeater.net login process
Once you have followed the steps mentioned above, you can simply access a web browser and use the URL to get to the login page. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Open a web browser on your computer. In the address bar, type the default web address tplinkrepeater.net and press Enter. You will now be redirected to the tp-link repeater login page. If you face issues with accessing the same, you can follow the troubleshooting steps as discussed further.
Troubleshooting login page related issues
If you are unable to access the login page online, you can always follow the basic troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:
- Restart your tp-link repeater device. Switch off the extender, computer, and other networking devices. Allow them to remain powered off for about a minute or so. Then, restart them in a sequence. Try accessing the login page now.
- Check the computer/wireless device connections with the tp-link repeater network. If you are using a wired connection, check for the ethernet cable connections. Reconnect the cables securely to the ethernet ports and replace them if need be.
In case the issues that you are facing persist, you can follow the advanced troubleshooting tips as discussed in the next section.
Unable to access the login page
One of the most common reasons for issues with the login page is the use of an incorrect web address. While you type the URL in the web address, make sure it is correct. For default web address details, you can refer to the product label on the rear or bottom of the device.
Default web address: https://www.tplinkrepeater.net
IP address: https://192.168.0.254
If the IP address doesn’t help, check for the correctness of the IP address using the command prompt application. Follow these steps:
- Press the ‘Windows+R’ key combination and launch the ‘Run’ application.
- Once the same appears on the screen, type ‘cmd’ and press enter.
- On the command prompt window, type ‘ipconfig’ and press enter again.
- The command prompt window will display details related to the device’s IP address. Use the same for reference.
Check the IP settings
If your computer system’s DHCP settings are set to obtain IP address manually, you will need to type in the IP address details on your own and then proceed with the connection process. Or, you can change the DHCP settings to automatic and make the process effortless. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Open your computer settings and go to the ‘Networks and Sharing Center.’
- Here, if you are using a wifi network, click on the WiFi option and then select ‘Manage known networks’. If you are using an ethernet connection, click on ‘Ethernet’ and then select the tp-link repeater network.
- Next to the IP settings, click on the ‘Edit’ button.
- Select ‘Edit IP settings’ and then change the selection from ‘manual’ to ‘automatic.’
- Click on the ‘Save Changes’ button and then on the ‘Ok’ button.
The DHCP settings have now been changed to automatic and the computer will assign an IP automatically to the repeater.