The smart status LED lights on the TP-Link wifi extender are very essential. Observing them can be extremely beneficial for the users. You can find out whether your extender is working or not from the LED lights. Therefore, it’s important to know the behavior of the LED lights and what each color indicates. So today, we’re going to discuss the TP-Link extender’s blinking light.
If you are facing the same issue, then don’t worry! Because in this post, you can find the solution to the TP-Link WiFi extender flashing red light. Keep reading to find out how to troubleshoot the red light issue.
How to Fix TP-Link Extender Flashing Red Light?
The TP-Link WiFi extender flashing red light indicates that the WiFi signal is very low. It means that the extender is having trouble receiving a stable network from the router. To avoid this issue, ensure you properly execute the TP-Link extender setup. You can fix the issue by following the below-mentioned ways:
Move the Extender Closer to the Router
- When the extender blinks red light, you need to place it inside the router’s coverage.
- After the TP-Link extender setup, you can place it near the dead zone. But ensure it is receiving your router’s network to work properly.
- Check that there aren’t any objects that could interfere with the router’s network, between the router, and the extender’s path.
Check the Power Source
- You need to check all the cables and ensure they are working fine.
- If any of the power cables are damaged, you need to replace them.
- Ensure the cables are plugged into a working outlet.
- You can try plugging them into a different outlet as well.
Power Cycle the Extender
- To fix the TP-Link WiFi extender flashing red light issue, you can try the power cycle method.
- All you need to do is unplug the extender from the electrical outlet.
- Now you need to leave it like that for some time.
- After a few minutes, you can plug it in again and wait till it reboots and try again to establish a connection.
- When the connection is successful, the light should turn green.
Update the Firmware of the Extender
- It is very important to keep the firmware of your extender always upgraded.
- You can update the firmware from the user interface of the extender.
- Firstly, log into the extender’s user interface.
- Thereafter, go to the ‘Firmware Update’ section in the ‘System Tools’ menu.
- Now, click on ‘Browse’ to look for the latest version of the firmware.
- If the latest version is available, click on ‘Update’ to upgrade the firmware.
- While the firmware of the extender is upgrading, do not interrupt it.
- When the update is finished, the TP-Link WiFi extender flashing red light issue should be gone now.
Reset the Extender
- If none of these methods are working, you need to reset the extender.
- To begin with, when the extender is powered on, locate the reset button.
- Ensure that the extender is powered on by pressing the power button on the extender.
- Now, you need to locate the reset button on the side of the extender.
- After that, using a sharp object, press the reset button and hold it till all the lights turn on briefly.
- The TP-Link extender has reset successfully.
The Final Words
These are some reasons for the ‘TP-Link Extender’s Blinking Light’ issue along with its troubleshooting methods. If there’s any other issue you are still facing, contact our team right now!